EDASY, Education & Development Agency for Sustainability, is a non-profit organization formed by a group of recognized professionals passionate about sustainable development.
In 2016, this alliance was formalized in order to maintain the highest level of research and operations in the implementation of training and development education projects.
Contribute to the achievement of the SDGs by 2030 thanks to Training and Education for development in the Americas, Europe and Africa.
EDASY is a non-profit association headquartered in Paris, France.
Its operation is currently focused on Colombia, a country that recently joined the OECD, which, due to its geographical and socioeconomic conditions, constitutes the ideal platform for North-South and South-South cooperation.
After several decades working in the productive, social and academic sectors, our founding team decided to dedicate its experience to the achievement of the SDGs.
Since 2008, it has addressed this problem through numerous strategies and initiatives.
They have experience in the development and implementation of regional projects in the field of human development, educational innovation and new technologies.
They have a multidisciplinary team, highly qualified, which allows them to launch internal and inter-institutional networks to carry out ambitious programs of real impact. A group of researchers from the academy completes the EDASY team, articulating applied research with the implementation of educational proposals according to the context in each territory involved.
Today more than ever, they have the firm conviction that the achievement of the SDGs goes through equal opportunities in access to training and development education geared to the challenges of the 21st century.
WE ARE implementers of training and development education focused on the achievement of SDGs
WE ARE positive, creative
WE USE scientific and international methodologies.
The fulfillment of the SDGs for 2030 and the need to mobilize…
- A lot of people do not know yet the SDGs and if they know them, they do not know how to contribute to their achievement.
- Children are not trained and professionals have not been trained to imagine and implement solutions that contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.
- Public officials do not always know the SDGs and if they know them, they do not know how to contribute to their achievement thanks to developpement education.
- Officials have not been trained to imagine and implement solutions that contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.
- Employers and employees do not always know the SDGs and if they know them, they do not know how they could contribute to their achievement.
- Employers and employees have not been trained to imagine and implement solutions that contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.
- Employers and employees do not always know how to take advantage of the «XXI century skills» as a key element to increase productivity and competitiveness.
- Employers and employees are not always aware on how they can take advantage of the circular economy.
«The achievement of the SDGs requires the collaboration of governments, the private sector, civil society and citizens alike to ensure that we will leave a better planet to future generations (UNDP).“
We share the VISION that cooperation is the key and that we are all responsible. We all have to know how to contribute so that the SDGs can be achieved by 2030.
Most people do not know how. Many do not know what the SDGs are. We need to disseminate even more educational tools aimed at compliance with the SDGs if we want to achieve them in time.
Based on this observation, EDASY wants the world to become aware that it is urgent:
- that citizens are well informed about the SDGs
- that citizens are committed to achieving the SDGs
- that, at all levels of society, solutions relevant to the achievement of the SDGs are devised
Therefore, our MISSION is to contribute to the achievement of the SDGs through training and development education by facilitating the participation of different sectors of society in the achievement of the SDGs which involves to:
- Strengthen the knowledge of citizens regarding the SDGs
- Facilitate and strengthen the participation of citizens in the achievement of the SDGs
- That, at all levels of society, solutions relevant to the achievement of the SDGs are devised
- Create synergies
This is the reason why we focus our KNOW-HOW on facilitating access to quality training and development education oriented towards the achievement of the SDGs.
- Scientific advisory board per project
- Strategic alliances: OAS, Trust for the Americas Organization, San Buenaventura University, Sergente Foundation, Tobias Emanuel Institute
- A relationship with international organizations such as the IDB (WiConnect3, ConnectAmericas), the OEI, the UN, as well as local actors in Colombia, educational institutions and civil society organizations for development
- An executive director widely formed and recognized at a national level.